Saturday, June 30, 2012

Turn up the music!!







I LOVE using music in my classroom!  It makes me more excited and the students more excited about what we are learning.

I love using Jack Hartmann's cds.  They rock!!  Here are a couple of my favorites.

 Love Hip-Hop Alphabet song and Freeze It.

 Love using Movin' 2 Math with calendar.  Adds more excitement while calendar is going on.

 Love using Rhymin' to the Beat for the Nursery Rhymes.  My favorite is Baa Baa Black Sheep.  It has a guitar in the song and the students love playing air guitar with the song. 


We love listening to Kidz Bop and dancing along during our 5 minutes of fun. 




Another song I love it Ice Cream and Cake.  I use this on the days we have birthdays.  I teach them a dance to go with it on our first birthday for the year.  Then randomly throughout the day I play the song.  When they hear the song they get to stop what they are doing and stand up and dance.  Just a little more fun for a birthday.

I love using music in my classroom. 


Kindergarten, 2nd - Reading, Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com
 


14 comments:

  1. I love music in the classroom too! Hip Hop Alphabop 1 and 2 are our favorites! We love the Pirate Song and Start this day. I love the Counting by 5s song and the Chicken song on the Movin' to Math CD! Great stuff! I have to get Rhymin' to the Beat! Thanks for sharing!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! You will love Rhymin' to the Beat!! It probably is my favorite cd.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  2. Great music finds! I'll have to look into the Kidz Bop CDs also! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes the kiddos love the Kidz Bop cds because they are current hits but the language is appropriate for the students.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  3. These are great! Thank you for sharing what you use!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're Jack Hartmann fans too!
    The Pirate Song is a hit for us!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestions I am always on the lookout for new CDs for the classroom.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love music in the classroom Jack is my go to man. My kids love when he comes to perform at our school. Love the transition train Cd. Especailly the Penguin chant and what ya do do in the bathroom to teach restroom procedures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had Jack come and perform too. He was awesome!!! The teachers got their picture with him and it was like a picture with a celebrity. :)

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  7. I use Jack Hartmann daily! He is so awesome! I also use a lot of Ron Brown, and The Learning Station, I also use Yanni, he helps calm the atmosphere! Music is such an easy way to engage kids, yet I hear so often that teachers don't use it. They're afraid of hyping their kids up. We use it to learn, and have Brain Breaks...I think it gives them an opportunity to get their wiggles out. Great POST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to check out Ron Brown. I am not familiar with his music but I do keep hearing teachers talk about him. I use Kenny G sometimes to calm the kids down. ;)

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up to the party, April! I would love to incorporate more music into my calendar time..I'll have to check out that CD. I also LOVE your birthday song routine. I may have to borrow that! :)


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete