Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Made It #4

 

I am linking up with Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics.



I couple years ago I bought this for my word wall.
Word Wall Photo

I have loved it.  This year since I am switching my classroom theme, I wanted to make a new word wall.  Although blue is part of my theme I wanted to make a black one.  I just thought the black one would be better for me this year.  I bought felt and ribbon.  Then I sewed the ribbon on the felt.  I can't wait to see if it lasts  like the other one I purchased.  Here are some pictures of my creation.  Sorry there is a glare, every time I took a picture I got one, but I still think you will be able to see it.
Word Wall Photo

 The letters I created and they are on TPT and TN.  Here is a close up of them (4 by 4inch).

Letters for Word Wall photo
Add caption


Word Wall Photo


Word Wall Photo
It is nice and big and it will hold all of our sight words.


Here is a close up of the letters and the ribbon around the word wall.
close up of word wall photo


Zebra Word Wall Labels Photo
TN    TPT
 
Zebra Wod Wall Labels Photo
TN      TPT


Another thing I have been working on is redecorating my house.  I showed you my bedroom last week.  This week one day I will show you more. :)  One of the rooms I will show you is my living room.  For my living room I recovered the pillows I already had to make them fit into my new decor. 
Damask Pillow Covers Photo
I just LOVE them!!!!

What have you been working on?  Have you joined my giveaway?

Skip To My Lou


Kindergarten, 2nd - Reading, Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com
 


 

22 comments:

  1. I love the word wall. I can't wait to see your classroom all redecorated. :)

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am excited to see it all decorated too. :)

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  2. Your word wall is great! I love the black. It makes the letters POP! Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks for hosting this fun linky every week. I love getting all these great new ideas.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  3. Your word wall looks great!! I am adding a word wall for the first time this year, but can't get in my classroom for a few weeks:(

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pillows! They are adorable! I also have that same lamp on my end tables in my living room. AND I also did a project from Skip to my Lou for Monday Made it! New follower :)

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How funny you have the same lamp. I love it. Thanks for becoming a follower.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  5. Oooh I love your word wall! So smart! And I don't know if you move it, but it looks like you could easily just pick it up and move it to another place if you needed to!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It can be moved. I usually do move it around because I like to change my room around.

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  6. I love all of it! The word wall is great and I think the kids will be able to easily find what they are looking for. And, those pillows....Oh. My. Word. I love, love, love them! I made some for my daughter's reading loft and now I want to add some floral embellishments to them!

    Aimee
    <a href="http:www.primarily-speaking.blogspot.com>Primarily Speaking</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are both rolling with the zebras this year! I can't wait to see your classroom!
    BTW~ I LOVE the pillows! Sooooo cute!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

      APril

      Delete
  8. Wow, I really wish I could sew! These turned out amazing. How do you attach your sight words to the felt?

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used velcro to attach the letters to the felt. My words also have velcro already on the back of them. Thanks.

      April

      Delete
  9. I Like It Ur Blog All Post And Blog Design
    How To Make Money

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very neat idea for a word wall! Thanks for sharing!
    We sure like your posts and would like to give you the One Lovely Blog Award! Visit our blog to get it! :) http://teachinglittlemiracles.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the word wall. Thanks so much!! Thanks so much for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award!!

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete