Monday, June 11, 2012

Refurbished Baskets, My Book


Last year (March 2011) my mom officially retired from teaching.  With her doing that I got my pick of her school items.  (WOOHOO!!!)  
She had some baskets she used on the top of her desk.  I loved them.  I thought they would help organize my desk even more.  Guess what??  I was right!  I loved them this past year.  I have a way to organize my paperwork and still make it look good.   Who wouldn't want that?

Here are the baskets.

 


Well, this year I am changing my theme so I wanted to come up with something to do to them so they would fit in my classroom better.  I am trying a black, white, blue, with green walls theme in my room.  I will still have some sports and Snoopy but I am concentrating on the colors.  I am hoping it will help my room look cooler and cleaner. (fingerscrossed)  So I thought and thought about what I wanted to do.  I ended up deciding to paint them and adding some ribbon.  Below is the after picture of the baskets.



I absolutly LOVE how they turned out.  What do you think?

On a different note:
Every year I have my kinders fill out a monthly paper writing their name, numbers, and draw a picture of themselves.  This year I knew I wanted to redo the form to make it look better.  Check them out at my TPT or my TN shops. 




Kindergarten, 2nd - Reading, Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com








 







32 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a wonderful job with the baskets! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the baskets! They came out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love what you did with the baskets - so cute!
    Laura
    Over the 1st Grade Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    I love those baskets!! Adorable :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zebra accents make everything more fun! Good job!

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more!! Love zebra print. THanks.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  6. Those turned out awesome!! I love them! Love the ribbon detail:)
    Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT WHAT! That is awesome! I love the new look. You are amazing!
    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! I need to do some updating in my room myself =)
    Bobbie

    The Daily Cupcake…A Kindergarten Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few baskets like those. I never thougt about painting them to make them cute! I know what I will be doing this weekend Thanks:)

    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I never think of painting things when I find them!! I saw some great baskets on clearance at Michaels this past but they were all wrong! I could have picked it up and turned it into this. Thanks so much for the inspiration - it is on my list now for the next trip to the city!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I did for my intern gift. The basket was on clearance and then I painted it. It is a cheap way to make things look good. Goodluck making them.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  11. Thanks for becoming a follower. I am heading over to check out yours.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard to believe those are the same baskets! You rock! Awesome job!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG April.... the baskets turned out fantastic!! You did an awesome job :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the baskets!I am a new follower and can't wait to see what will be next!
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the baskets! Definitely better than a stack of paperwork... will make your desk look very stylish indeed. I am now following so I don't miss any of your crafty ideas!

    - Callie, diaryofalittlemiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! They will make my desk look more stylish. :)

      APril

      Delete
  16. You really spruced up the baskets. I like them a lot. I'm your newest follower! Stop by my NEW blog and follow me if you'd like! Can't wait to explore yours more! :)

    Susan
    owlroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete