Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

The last few weeks I have been working on redecorating my house.  I am so glad I did.  We have had the same decor for awhile so it was really time for a change.


Here are my before pictures.

Sorry, Charlie Dog wanted to get in the picture too. :)



As you can see, not a lot of stuff up on the wall.  Kinda plain.  Well, I fixed that!!

I received this vase awhile ago and I just love it.  I love the colors in the vase and knowing that it was once my grandmother's makes me love it even more.  Since I have this vase, I thought the bedroom would be great to make it blue.




Here are the after pictures. 


Love this pattern on bed.  I got the new comforter at Belk's.  I got an awesome deal on it! Woot Woot!!


 It is so amazing what curtains add to a room.  My curtains I got are pretty shear but they actually really block a lot of the light.  I know, I am surprised too.


This next picture I blew up bigger because I wanted to point out two things.  The first one is on the night stand.  It is difficult to see but I just love it.  It is the decoration beside the lamp to the right.  It is so adorable. (I added a picture of it below) The second thing I wanted to point out is the picture above the bed.  I painted that picture.  I got a blank canvas from Micheal's.  Then I went to Home Depot and had them color match the blue colors from the pillow case.  Next I painted it, then stenciled it.  I love it.  It matches so well and it makes the walls not so bare.

I just had to get a close up of this.  I think it is so pretty.  Plus this picture shows you part of the curtains. 


I hope you have enjoyed the redo I did on my bedroom.  I love the color blue so I am glad I incorporated into the bedroom.  I do miss the red, but I now have it in another location in my house.  


Kindergarten, 2nd - Reading, Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com
 


30 comments:

  1. I bet you just want to sit on your bed with your laptop, sip a refreshing drink, and blog about your view. LOVE IT! I cannot wait to add more to the walls in my bedroom. You have inspired me! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have inspired you!! :-) Thanks so much!

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  2. Your room is so beautiful. It looks calm and peaceful!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a change. It looks great!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so amazing what curtains do for the room.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  4. Love it! Blue is my favorite color and I'm dreaming of the day I get to redo my bedroom. Our house is a fixer-upper and somehow our bedroom always gets put off. :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job of redecorating! I like the accents you choose. It's amazing how something so small can add so much to a room.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. It is amazing how something small can add a change.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  6. OMG that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the shade of blue you picked and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the inspiration came from your grandmothers vase. I've been wanting to change my bedroom too, I'll have to remember to check out Belk's when I'm ready to take the plunge.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a different blue. Wait till Belk has a sale and then go for it. ;)

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  7. That blue is soooo perfect!! I think you should take interior decorating on! If you do, maybe I can be your 1st customer, because my bedroom needs a makeover like that. It looks fabulous!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like the blue too. I have always thought interior designing would be fun but when I watch the shows I don't even compare to them.

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  8. VERY cute! Love the "DIY" artwork above your bed! So perfect. How did you stencil? With sponges on top or with spray paint? (I'm always wondering...I've never ventured out to do stencils, myself!) Happy Saturday!

    ~Jillian
    Just Tinkerin’ Around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the artwork too. The lighter color is a stencil. I used a stencil brush to do it with. I was nervous to do the stencil but it was pretty easy.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  9. I love it! Especially the canvas that you painted!!

    ✿Becky✿
    aubecky@hotmail.com
    2nd Grade Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome, April! I love the blues and it definitely ties in with your vase.

    PS. My cat, Socks, likes to be in EVERY picture... I know how you feel!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I guess all animals just love their picture taken. ;)

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness that is just adorable! I am so going to try that for my daughters room! We just moved into a new house (the parsonage for our new church) and I got to paint all the rooms! I love the canvas idea :)! Thank you so much for sharing!

      Farrah
      Fabulous Firsties: A Whole Brain Classroom

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness that is just adorable! I am so going to try that for my daughters room! We just moved into a new house (the parsonage for our new church) and I got to paint all the rooms! I love the canvas idea :)! Thank you so much for sharing!

      Farrah
      Fabulous Firsties: A Whole Brain Classroom

      Delete
  11. The renovations look gorgeous April! I am awarding your blog the One Lovely Blog award :)

    You can learn more about it on my blog
    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those colours, too! Very calm and relaxing.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete