Monday, May 7, 2012

More Birds

The other day I posted about my Angry Bird Countdown.  If you didn't get a chance to look at it, click HERE.  When my students came to school and saw the finished Countdown, they were amazed!  I got them curious about it the day before because I started making the pigs in front of them.  They kept asking me what I was doing, but I told them they would have to wait and see.  So, the morning they came in, they were super excited.  Every morning we do some sort of writing activity for our morning work.  I thought today I would have them write about their favorite Angry Bird.
My favorite angry bird is the pig because their funny.
After looking at their morning writings, I decided to have them rewrite them on writing paper.  I was amazed at their sentences and their pictures.  I wanted them to rewrite them so I could hang them up in the hallway for everyone to see.
I like bomb bird because he is cool.

I love the Blue and red Angry Bird and the Black Angry Bird.

My favorite angry bird is the pig because their funny.


I like the red bird because I like that color.

My favorite angry bird is the boomer rang. Because it shoots back.
 I just love how they turned out.  They did a great job on their writings!


2 comments: