Saturday, May 5, 2012

Angry Bird Countdown

 
My class loves Angry Birds so I decided to make a countdown to the end of the year using the Angry Bird theme.  I saw a balloon countdown on Pinterest and thought it was such a fun idea.  I knew I wanted to do it for my class this year so I took the idea I saw on Pinterest and changed it to fit my wants.  I didn't want to hang the balloons from the ceiling (against our fire code) so I decided to make a bulletin board.  Here is my bulletin board.



My students saw me make the first few pigs and they were really excited about it.  They didn't know what I was doing but they were excited for the Angry Bird theme.  The next day when they came to class they saw the finished bulletin board.  They were super excited.  I explained how each day we are going to pop one and do the activity inside of it.  That got the students even more excited.  I think this will be something my students remember and also it makes each day a little more exciting.
 
Sorry, I had to take the Angry Bird Countdown down because of copyright issues.




                                                                      

22 comments:

  1. How cute! Love this idea...will be heading over to check it out!

    Samantha
    Ms.Smarty Pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! What a great spin on the idea!

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding board and great idea!! I have only 11 days left and not sure I can contain myself much less keep the kids in line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh April, this is AMAZING!!! My kids LOVE Angry Birds and I'm pretty sure they would think this is the best thing ever!! We still have a month and a half left, but when we get closer to the last day I definitely want to do this!!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, the students do LOVE it! As well as everyone else that I have showed. It is amazing how making something into birds grabs everyone's attention. :)

      April

      Delete
  5. Super cute! I bet your kiddos love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much!! :D Really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you keeping the balloons inflated? Did you fill them with helium? I once kept balloons in my classroom overnight and they all shrunk before the next day. I am very interested in doing this but I want to be sure the balloons will stay. I love this idea! so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just blew them up myself. I hope when I go back tomorrow that they aren't shrunk. That would be a big bummer.

      April

      Delete
    2. When I went into school this morning and actually now they are still blown completely up. They still look like they did last Thursday. So, so far so good.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
    3. My balloons are still all blown up! :)

      April

      Delete
  8. I love this idea! What did you use for the beaks and ears? Construction paper? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used construction paper for the beaks and ears. My kiddos LOVED this!!

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  9. Love, love this idea! I am spotlighting it for you on my blog tomorrow. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete