Sunday, January 29, 2012

Technology Conference, Crayon Wreath Tutorial

Technology Conference and Crayon Wreath Tutorial

Every holiday my kindergarten team exchanges names and gives little gifts to their secret person the week of the holiday.  This adds a little more excitement to the week.  For Valentine's Day, my secret person wrote that they wanted decorations.  So, with the help of Pinterest, I have been busy.  I decided to make a crayon wreath for my person for one of the days.  Here is what I started with.  

 Micheal's had the felt peace sign for $2 so I thought I could use it as the bottom of my wreath.

 I cut out the middle of the peace sign.

Next I started gluing the crayons around the wreath.  I figured out that the top end of the crayon (flat side) has to be touching the crayon beside it.  The crayons do have a little space in between each crayon closer to the pointed end.  If you do not allow this space, the crayons won't make a circle.
 
Here is how the crayon wreath looks after gluing the crayons all the way around the wreath.
 Next, I added the name of the teacher getting the wreath and a ribbon so she can hang it up. 




FETC
(Florida Education Technology Conference)

Last week I attended the FETC in Orlando.  I love going to this conference and seeing what new technology is out there for me to use in my classroom.  I found out about this new website.  It is called Qtopia.


Qtopia
Qtopia offers thousands of activities, homework, games, and customizable learning.  I haven't had a chance to check out the sight completely, but when I saw a presentation with this, it seemed like students would love playing it.  Go check it out.

Learning A-Z
I have used Learning A-Z in the past and I LOVE it!  Learning A-Z has leveled books and worksheets with the books.  They also added RAZ-Kids which is online reading leveled books that keep track of students progress and new this year is their Science A-Z.  If you need more books to help your students learn to read, this is the website for you!


I also got to see Smartboards in action and Clickers.  My school already uses Smartboards and Clickers so I am very familiar with them.  Another thing that was new this year was the use of iPads in the classroom.  Lots of companies are making books for the iPads.  I absolutely love attending this conference.  It makes me want to go back to class and add even more technology into my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!





    Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete