Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spice Clutter, Lasagna


Spice Clutter and Lasagna

I am slowly starting to organize my house.  I just feel when the weekend finally comes that gives me enough time to organize, it just goes way too fast and I accomplish nothing.  Well, this weekend I did accomplish organizing my tiny spice cabinet.  I purchased two spice stair cases from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Before
After
I started to organize the cabinet by removing everything from the cabinet.  I put all the like spices together.  Then I simply started to put the spices back in the cabinet on the new spice stairs.  I put the spices I use most often in front so they were easily seen and accessible.  The cabinet now looks so much better.  Now, just to find time to organize my whole house. :)  


Lasagna
Dinner tonight is Lasagna.  Here is my recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lb. Hamburger
1 package of Lasagna Noodles
1 big jar of Tomato Sauce
3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese (use 2 cups for mixture)
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese
2 cups of Ricotta Cheese 
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Cook hamburger and drain.
3. Mix together in a big bowl: Ricotta Cheese, Mozzeralla Cheese, and 2 eggs. 
4.  Place cooked hamburger in bowl and mix it with Tomato Sauce.
5.  Place hamburger and sauce mixture in the bottom of 13" by 9" pan. Just enough to cover the bottom.
6.  Place noodles to cover the hamburger mixture.
7.  Spread cheese mixture over the noodles.  Then add sauce/meat mixture to cover the top.
8.  Again place noodles on top.  Continue to place noodles, cheese mixture, and meat/sauce mixture until the noodles are all gone. 
9.  Cover with aluminum  foil.
10.  Cook in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
11.  Take out of oven and sprinkle 1 cups of Mozzerella Cheese on the top.  
12. Bake 5 more minutes.
13.  Let cool for 10 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Are the noodles cooked ahead of time? Or do you use uncooked noodles when layering?

    ReplyDelete