Sunday, January 1, 2012

Genealogy, Wine Cork W, Spinach Ricotta Pasta, Baby Powder Snow

Genealogy, Wine Cork W, Spinach Ricotta Pasta, Baby Powder Snow

Woo Hoo!  It is 2012!!  Today was a great day, so I am thinking positive thoughts that this is going to be a great year.  We didn't necessarily do anything special today, we just hung out at home.  I stayed in my pajamas most of the day (which is awesome!), played Candy Land with Liam, started my wine cork W, worked on my genealogy, cooked dinner, and started and got caught up on Once Upon a Time.  Doesn't that sound like a fun day?  

This past summer I started working on my genealogy.  I have never been a history buff, but I am now addicted to working on my genealogy.  I find it so INTERESTING!  I love tracking down where I am from.  My goal is to be able to make a family tree as back as far as I can go and have pictures that support it.  My Great Aunt Juney recently sent me some pictures.  It was so interesting looking at them.  Today I scanned them so I could add them to my tree on ancestry.com.  Here are some of my favorite ones. 

 This is my Grandpa and Grandma Harshbarger.  My mom is the third girl from the left.  Her smile cracks me up because I am pretty sure we have a picture of my sister with that same face.


This is my Great Grandpa Clarence Bright when he was 18 years old.

 This is my mother and her three sisters with their mom, aunt, and grandma.  

I just find these picture so cool.  I look forward to continuing my research. :-)

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I wanted to start my own.  Finally I got around to starting one.  I decided to paint the W red.  As you can see I need to drink some more because I still have a lot of corks to get to fill up my W.



Tonight I made Spinach Ricotta Pasta.  It was delicious.  
Starting the recipe.

The end result.
 Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 box of Pasta Shells
1 24 oz. jar of Marinara Sauce
1 bag of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
Shredded Frozen Spinach
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook pasta to package directions.
3. In a baking dish, pour enough Marinara sauce to just cover the bottom of dish.
4. In a bowl, mix together Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt and pepper, 3/4 of Mozzarella Cheese.
5. Dump cooked pasta in baking dish.
6. Thaw Spinach.  Pour Spinach in cheese mixture and mix.
7. Spoon on cheese mixture to the pasta evenly.
8. Add the rest of the Marinara Sauce to the baking dish.
9. Top with the rest of the Mozzarella Cheese.
10.  Put in oven for 10-15 minutes. 
11. Serve and eat!

I do have to share one more thing on my blog today.  Yesterday I was sitting on my couch and my son walks out to me with lotion.  He wanted some lotion on his hands so I helped him get some.  Then he goes back to the bathroom and comes out with baby powder on his hands.  I didn't think anything about it until he seemed to disappear in the bathroom for awhile.  I went to check on him and this is what I found. 


When I first looked I was upset, but then watching him play with the baby powder and enjoying it SO much.  I couldn't be mad.  I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Playing in the snow." I then FaceTimed my mom so she could see the mess and him.  She asked him why he didn't have any clothes on and he said, "because they were wet from playing in the snow."  He has such a great imagination.  I watched him for awhile playing in the powder.  He would make a nice pile of it and then dive on it with his belly to make a belly print.  It was so adorable.  Here are some more pictures.  Enjoy!


Yay, I'm playing in the snow.






No comments:

Post a Comment