Sunday, November 30, 2014

Calendar Thinker

Do you do calendar every single day?

Do you love calendar?

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

Usually, I don't care for it.  It is SO repetitive that I even get a little bored.  I know if I am bored with it, then so are my kiddos.

UNITL...

I started incorporating things for the students to do while we were working on calendar together!  
I came up with my Calendar Thinker!

Photo of Calendar Thinker

WIN! WIN!

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

Not only are we working on the calendar skills every day, but we are also working on tons of the standards daily.  

Plus, when I see the students are having trouble with a certain concept, we review it during calendar.

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

Practice makes perfect, right?  The more the students practice the skills the better.  The more likely they will go into their long term memory.

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

I absolutely love this packet!  My students use it daily.  When my students come through the door in the morning, they first do their morning work.  Once that is finished, they head to the 'cozy corner' (my carpet area) and start working on their calendar folder.  Once the announcements are over, everyone has to go to the calendar and we begin the calendar.  I go through the big calendar bulletin board on the wall and the kiddos do the corresponding pages in their folder.

It has SO many skills in it!

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

I walk around while students are filling out the pages, making sure they understand the different concepts being covered.  It gives me a quick understanding of who comprehends the concept and who needs more work. 

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious


Do you want to know the concepts in the packet so far?


Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious


My Stache (Money)
More, Less, 10 More, 10 Less
What Time Is It? (Big Clock)
What Time Is It? (Watch and Clock)
Part, Part, Whole
Part, Part, Whole
Part, Part, Whole and Fact Family2
Hundreds Chart
Today's Number (Tens-frame= 10)
Tens- Frames
Today’s Number (Tens-frame= 20)
Today's Number (Tens-frame= 50)
Count Back
Count On
Count Back and Count On
Measuring (inch)
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Odd or Even

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

Put the papers in a clear sleeve pouch and reuse each day.  Save paper!!
I put the papers in a plastic folder so they are ready for each student everyday with a dry erase marker and a sock for the eraser. 

Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious


My plan is to add more pages throughout the year as I see fit!

Do you think your kiddos would benefit from this packet?  If so, check it out!


Check it out!


Photo of Calendar Thinker Wolfelicious

Have a Wolfelicious day!

Check out my TPT Store
     Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

                       
     



No comments:

Post a Comment