Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinning Wednesday, Question, Sight Words

I am linking up with Laura from Kinder Kraziness for What I'm Pinning Wednesday.



Who doesn't love Pinterest?  Great ideas at your fingertips.  
This is what I have been pinning. 

These look yum yum yummy!
Source: myfitnesspal.com
I thought this would make a cute card for Easter for the students to make. 
Source: http://diapers-to-diplomas.blogspot.com/2011/04/handprint-ideas-for-easter.html

This is such a great idea for the last 20 days of school.  Each day the class pops one balloon and inside is something fun.
Source: http://www.mrsgrayspond.com/2011/04/countdown-to-end-of-year.html#comment-form

I love Justin!  Who doesn't (if you said you don't, shame on you)?  I thought this was funny. 
Source: http://heygirlteacher.tumblr.com/post/19083216128


I think I could go on and on.  I love Pinterest!  I am definitely a Pinterestaholic.  So many great ideas!


On another note, I have a question I hope someone can help me with.  I wanted to know when I am on someone's blog and leave a comment for them, if I am notified if they leave a reply to my comment?  I was thinking about this the other day since Blogger lets your reply to each comment, but do I have to keep track of who I comment on to go back and find the post again to check if they replied to me?  That seems silly, but I haven't ever received an email saying anyone has replied.  Please help clarify this for me. Thanks so much!

Here is another idea for sight words.  I take letters (plastic or magnetic) and place them on an index card making a sight word.  Then I trace around the letters so when I take the letters off, there is an outline of the sight word.  I place the index cards and letters in a baggie and make it a center.  The students have to lay the letters on top of the index card making the word.  Here are some pictures of my students completing this center.  

After my students form the words, I have them write the word in their notebook.  This way I can see how much they were on task during the center.

14 comments:

  1. The bunnies are darling. What a great find!

    I *think* you can click "subscribe by email" after posting to stay informed of updates in the comments.

    Christi =)
    Ms. Fultz's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christi,
      Thanks for leaving a comment. :-)

      April

      Delete
  2. Love the idea to trace the magnetic letters. I am always looking for new "making words" actitvities. Thanks! Thank you for stopping by my new blog. Now I am so glad that I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am glad you like the sight word idea. I too am always looking for new and refreshing ways to help the students learn their words. Thanks for becoming a follower!

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  3. I am your newest follower! I also pinned two of the ideas you have posted here. Great stuff!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hojo,
      Thanks for becoming a follower!! Thanks for pinning too. I am glad you like it.

      April
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  4. I also loved that Hey Girl with JT!

    And I was going to say the same thing about subscribing to comments.... but now you already know. Thanks for always commenting on my stuff and for reminding me to come check you out! I love your zebra print. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up April! I love that Justin Timberlake pin..yum!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the JT pin! LOL. You're welcome! Thanks for hosting the party.

      april

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! Did you trace each word by hand before hand or is there some computer trick to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Jessica,
      Thanks so much! I don't know of a computer trick. I traced them by hand.

      APril
      Wolfelicious

      Delete
  7. Hi April!!

    I love all of the fun pins you shared! It's a good thing we don't have ice cream in our freezer right now or I would totally be making myself a yummy milkshake at this very minute!! And I love the bunny cards! What a cute idea! I just went to your interest board and am following all your pins now! Woo hoo! I was wondering that same thing about comments... it would be nice if blogger notified you when someone specifically replied to your comment! Maybe they will update that eventually! I still can't figure out how to get the reply button to even work on my blog though! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly,
      Thanks so much for the comment. Yes, those milkshakes do look yummy!

      April

      Delete