Today I made a lovely lunch for my son and I (although he is in a phase that he doesn't want to eat anything I make him). I made Vegetable Chowder. It is my first time making a chowder. I am surprised at how easy it was. I got the recipe from Once a Month Mom (one of my favorite recipe websites), but I did switch a couple things (Items in red).
- .5 cups bell pepper, red, chopped
- .5 cups onion, chopped
- .25 cups margarine
- 1 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cups carrots, diced (1 1/2 cups of carrots, chopped)
- 1 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth (3 cups of chicken broth)
- .5 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons parsley, fresh (1 tablespoon of dried parsley)
- 3 cups cheddar, shredded (4 cups of mild cheddar cheese, shredded)
- salt, to taste (Added a 1/2 teaspoon)
- pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups milk
|Chopping the veggies.|
Directions from: Kristi @ Onceamonthmom.com 1. Saute pepper and onions in butter until tender. Add remaining veggies, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Combine flour and milk (I didn't combine the flour and milk before adding it into the pot.). Stir flour/milk into pan. Bring back to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. mix in parsley and cheese.
|Sauteing onions and peppers.|
|Added the rest of the vegetables.|
|Final Product. Yum!!|
Very tasty lunch!!! Thanks Once a Month Mom for the recipe!