Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Classroom Ideas

Oh, what a beautiful morning!!  

Yesterday I was heading to work and I saw this beauty.  I love rainbows!  They are so pretty.  Right after I took this shot, I could then see the full rainbow. 
Photo of Wolfelicious Rainbow


 I have had two more ideas in my head that I wanted to make for my classroom.   Yesterday I worked on them so I could finally complete styling decorating my classroom.

The first one I worked on was my Sight Word List display.  I have been using an awesome football field that the players students have to get from yard 1 to yard 12 throughout the year.  I painted it on the wall a couple of years ago and I have LOVED it!  I just felt like this year I wanted to do something a little different.  

One thing I didn't like about the field was if a student passed list 1 but had trouble with list 2, the student would stay on list 1.  Sometimes one word would keep that child on a previous list.  For example, a child may pass list 1, 2, 3 and then 5 and 6 but they missed a word on list 4 so I would put their football player on list 3 because they didn't have list 4 complete.  Well, this got to me because the students really did an awesome job learning their sight words.  Their average on all the sight words were 80% and above.  I didn't think the field really showed the true knowledge of the students.  So I came up with this...
Photo of Wolfelicious Sight Word List

 When a student masters a list, I will add their name to the ribbon attached to the list.  This way they could see really how well they are doing and not be stuck if they only missed one.  I think this will be more motivating then the old way.  I know I would want to get my name on each ribbon!

Last weekend we took Liam to get new shoes for the school year.  We had a tax free weekend so we thought it would be the perfect time to do it.  He decided to get the bright orange shoes!!
photo of liam wolfelicious
 I love all the bright shoes out right now.  I am so glad that Liam decided on the orange ones.

Tonight my lil Chalan was so exhausted from school that he fell asleep in the Jumperoo.
 He is so precious!!

Have you seen all the picture frames with the wires on Pinterest??  I have too and I know I had to make one for my class.  I thought I would hang pictures from our classroom on the frame!  I LOVE, Love, love how they turned out!
Photo of Wolfelicious Frame
I have a few more smaller black frames that came with the set so I may make a few more and make it a bigger group.  I think it looks so great against my green walls.



Kindergarten, 2nd - Reading, Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com


3 comments:

  1. I've done the sight word lists like this before and I really like it! The kids did too! Good luck on your new school year!

    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song - were you singing in your head?
    I hadn't seen the picture frame idea - I like that. Are you going to add class pictures through the year?
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics of your kiddos are just priceless! Definitely rockin' those shoes! :) I struggle with how to track their goals in a way that they can understand-I think your suggestion is a great one! Thank you for sharing it.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete