Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Guided Reading Chart

How do you keep track of all your student's guided reading level?

I usually just write them on a paper for me to look at.


  Another teacher in my building has a poster of all the kiddos levels on it.  I thought I would try this out this year.


I have talked to my class about how we are a team and how we all need to help each other and work together to get everyone where we need to be by the end of the year.  

I have shown them using my alphabet chart where we want them to be and where they are.  Also where we want to be by the end of the year.

First Grade
C/D- Beginning of Year
J- End of First Grade

At mid-terms and end of quarter I will update my levels on my chart.  This way they always have the best level they can do available for them to see.  We will be able to see everyone's growth and use it as an incentive tool.  

Here is what my chart looks like...




I have had this up when parents walk in and no one has mentioned anything about it.  It isn't to shame anyone or make fun of anyone.  It is meant to help my students get MOTIVATED to READ and always try their best. 

I can't wait to see how it goes this year using the chart and I can't wait to see their growth!

Let's Get Reading!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a Wolfelicious day!

Check out my TPT Store
     Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com
                  
   




I love using Seesaw! Do you want an extra free month of Seesaw Plus on me! Just scan my QR code and it shall be yours!  #Seesaw

No comments:

Post a Comment