Sunday, March 1, 2015

Symbol Scavenger Hunt

This past week we learned about USA Symbols. 
Photo of Symbol Scavenger Hunt Wolfelicious
I wanted to teach the symbols in a new and fun way.  

I thought a scavenger hunt would be fun and engaging for the students.  

I bought a Symbol packet on TPT.

I used the pictures and the fact pages for my scavenger hunt.  I placed them randomly around the room. 
photo of Symbol Scavenger Hunt Wolfelicious

First, I partnered up the students.  Then, I had the students number their paper 1-14.

The students had to read about the symbol and then write the name of the symbol on their paper.   After a few minutes (when I noticed each group was finished), we switched.  

We did this until they read about each symbol. 

The students were smiling and enjoying their hunt. 
Photo of Symbol Scavenger Hunt Wolfelicious

This scavenger hunt took us a few days to complete.  Once it was complete, I had the Flip Book (from the packet) glued onto construction paper.  Each student had to write two facts about each of the 5 symbols on their Flip Book.  

This was so interesting to see what the students remember about their scavenger hunt.  

I will definitely do this again next year.  The only thing I would change is I wouldn't do all 14 symbols.  I would cut the number down to 8 or so.



Have a Wolfelicious day!

Check out my TPT Store
     Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

                       
     



No comments:

Post a Comment