Saturday, November 23, 2013

November Fun!! Pilgrims, Wampanoag, and WBT

Last week we learned about the Pilgrims.  I thought I would have my kiddos complete a research project on the Pilgrims to fulfill one of the Common Core Standards.  Throughout the week we worked on the research project together.

I bought

Pilgrim Shared Research for Primary

and it made the process easy peasy and fun for the students!
Here are some pictures of our final project.
 
Photo of Pilgrim Research Project

Photo of Wolfelicious Pilgrim Research Project


Photo of Wolfelicious Pilgrim Research Project


Photo of Wolfelicious Pilgrim Research Project


Photo of Wolfelicious Pilgrim Research Project


Photo of Wolfelicious Pilgrim Research Project

 My students did an awesome job on the project!  I am so proud of them!

Then, this past week we learned about the Wampanoag tribe!

Who are the Wampanoag? 

Ask my students and they should will know! 

We had so much fun this week learning about the Wampanoag tribe. 

We started our the week talking about where the Wampanoag are from.  The students drew a picture to explain where they were from.
Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag


Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag

Next, we talked about their houses and how they make their houses.

Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag


Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag


Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag

Next, we talked about the jewelry the Wampanoag people wore and tried to make our own version.
Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag

I was so surprised at how well my class did making their necklace. 
Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag

Then we make the hair of the Wampanoag tribe.  The girls made braids.
Aren't they adorable with their braids?!

The boys made Mohawks!  Did you hear my boys scream when they found out they were making these?  They were so excited!

Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag
Aren't they adorable with their Mohawks?!

Here is a whole class pic with the hair.

Photo of Wolfelicious Wampanoag

My students just loved learning about the Wampanoag tribe!  If you are interested in these projects, I have made a packet of them at TPT.
Photo of Wampanoag Unit

Do you recognize this man?
 Last Saturday I got to go to a WBT conference.  I was super excited!  I had SO MUCH FUN and I LEARNED so much!!  I had already been implementing WBT but going to the conference motivated me to do it more and I learned more tricks.
 Coach B and me
It was so great to finally get to meet Coach B after seeing him on numerous webniars.

If you don't know about WBT (Whole Brain Teaching) go to the website and check it out.  It will change the way you teach!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment